Rocketbook's Handwriting Recognition OCR (Optical Character Recognition) allows you to transcribe and search your handwritten text. It has been one of the most highly requested features and we're excited to bring this capability to the Rocketbook app!
For best results and to minimize character recognition errors, please print and write legibly. In our experience, OCR technology is not very friendly to cursive handwriting.
NOTE ON AVAILABILITY LANGUAGE SUPPORT: Handwriting Recognition OCR is limited to English for the time being.
- Quickly rename your scans with text wrapped between double hashtags on your Rocketbook page (ex: ## Rocketbook Team Meeting ## will automatically rename your scan to "Rocketbook Team Meeting")
- How to Use:
- Go to Menu> Settings > Handwriting Recognition OCR > turn on Smart Titles
- Write the desired title in your Rocketbook notebook between double hashtags
- Scan the page and tap Done
- The file name will be the transcribed text between the double hashtags
- Search your handwritten notes inside the app
- How to Use:
- Go to Menu> Settings > Handwriting Recognition OCR > turn on Smart Search
- Scan a page and tap Done (make sure the writing is legible)
- Go to History and search a term on the page (scans with that search term in the file name or in the content of the page will appear)
- Embeds a full transcription of your handwritten notes
- For How to Use, Go Here!
*Please note that OCR transcription does not work templated pages, nor with Rocketbook Beacons whiteboard scans.
- Turn the lists you write in your Rocketbook notebook into digital lists that you can check off, edit, add to and reorder, all in the Rocketbook app.
- How to use Smart Lists:
- Add your tasks to the first page of your Rocketbook Fusion.
- Scan your page.
- Add your tasks to the list of your choice (feel free to make a new list too!).
- Send your scan if you’d like (not required).
- Head over to the Smart Lists screen in the app menu and review your tasks.
NOTE ON PRIVACY: In order to transcribe and search your handwritten notes, the Rocketbook app requests read access for all OCR features and the ability to store the transcriptions on our secure servers for Smart Search and Transcription.
If you're uncomfortable with having us store your scans on our servers, please do not utilize Smart Search or Transcription. If those two features are turned off (we don't store scans if Smart Titles is on), the scans are stored locally on your device or in the cloud service you have sent your scans to -- they are not on our servers. Connections to cloud services are dictated by their APIs and they all use SSL encryption.
For additional questions or assistance, please email us at email@example.com