While you certainly can take a photo of your whiteboard with your camera, we think using Beacons is better for the following reasons:
- Using Beacons allows you to get a clean and intelligently cropped and enhanced image of your whiteboard. You don't have a dull image or an image with all this extra background stuff.
- The app de-skews the resulting image even if you scan a whiteboard at pretty extreme angles.
- You save time and stay organized by immediately saving or sending your scan to the desired cloud destination. Once your Rocketbook destinations have been set up, you don't need to do the "share button shuffle" after each scan. The scanned images also won't be mixed up with your selfies and dog photos in your camera roll!
- Using Handwriting Recognition (OCR), the Rocketbook app can automatically name your whiteboard scan using the Smart Titles feature. In addition, you can search your handwritten text in the Rocketbook app using Smart Search.
- With Snapcast Mode , you can more quickly and easily share your whiteboard with your friends and colleagues by simply sharing a URL. You can learn more about Snapcast Mode here.
It's all in the little details that make the experience of saving and sharing your whiteboard better.
Here's a photo of a whiteboard followed by the Rocketbook app scan of the same whiteboard:
For additional questions or assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org