What is the Rocketbook Wave?
The Rocketbook Wave is a microwavable, reusable notebook you use in conjunction with the Rocketbook App. You can erase your notes using your microwave oven, or even a hairdryer, and reuse your notebook!
What Pen is Needed?
We recommend you use Pilot FriXion products only with your Rocketbook Wave. The FriXion ink is heat sensitive and that is what allows the Rocketbook Wave to erase using either the microwave or hair dryer.
Note: The FriXion pen ink is heat sensitive and will turn invisible in temperatures above 140°F (60°C). Accidental erasing of your Rocketbook Wave can occur if it’s left in a hot car, for example. To make the ink appear again, cool to at least 14°F (-10°C) in your freezer.
Preferred Microwave Turntable Size
For the Executive Wave, you’ll need a minimum turntable diameter of 11 inches (27.94 centimeters). For the Standard Wave, you’ll need a turntable diameter of at least 12.5 inches (31.75 centimeters).
How to Microwave
- Make sure to write with a Pilot FriXion pen, highlighter or marker. If you write with a pen that doesn't contain Pilot FriXion ink, your page will not erase.
- Sync all pages before you erase them. Digitizing your data is one of many reasons why you love Rocketbook!
- Place your book in the middle of your microwave turntable, facing up. Your microwave must contain a rotating glass turntable. Ensure your Wave can safely spin without hitting the microwave walls.
- Place your mug of water in the center of the blue circles on the cover of your book. This can be any standard-sized mug that is microwave-safe, and it should be filled to the 3/4 mark with water.
- Microwave your Wave and mug until the logo turns from dark to light. You’ll need to look through the window or open the door every 30 seconds to check.
- Flip your Wave over and repeat the previous two steps with the back facing up.
- Allow the Wave to cool for a few minutes before touching, the Wave and mug may be very hot! Allow the logo to return to a dark color before you touch your book.
As long as you follow the directions above, erasing your Wave is easy! But please be careful. If for some reason your Wave is not erasing with these directions, there might be something peculiar about the cooking conditions in your microwave. You shouldn’t keep trying, or it might not be safe. You can also try using a hairdryer, it works great as well!
How to Care for Your Wave
The Rocketbook Wave can be erased ~5 times. After erasing the Rocketbook Wave, there may be some faint imprints caused by the pen when writing. Due to the nature of paper, indentations may occur from the pressure you use when writing. While we say 5 times, that is only an estimate. It's possible to erase your Wave more than that.
Care needs to be taken when handling the Rocketbook Wave so as not to damage the binding or the cover. Nevertheless, we're constantly tinkering with new materials to find more durable solutions.
Interested in the Rocketbook Wave?
Follow us: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
For additional questions or assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Article is closed for comments.