What is the Rocketbook Everlast?
The Rocketbook Everlast is the endlessly reusable notebook you use in conjunction with the Rocketbook App. When you write using any pen or marker from the Pilot FriXion line, your writing sticks to Everlast pages like regular paper. But add a drop of water… and the notebook erases like magic!
What pen is needed?
We recommend you use the Pilot FriXion pen or marker only with your Rocketbook Everlast. The FriXion ink is washable and that, in conjunction with the synthetic paper, is what allows the Rocketbook Everlast to erase using only a cloth dampened with warm to hot water.
How to prevent smudging
Because the pages are coated, it takes a few seconds for the FriXion ink to dry. We recommend allowing a little more time for the ink to dry before turning the page.
How to erase
- Dampen part of a cloth with warm to hot water
- Use the cloth to wipe the ink off the page
- Use a dry part of the cloth to wipe your pages dry
- More detailed instructions can be found here
CAUTION: the FriXion pen ink is heat sensitive. Exposing your Everlast to heat above 140 degrees F will erase your notes, i.e. leaving in a heated car
How to care for it
The pages of the Rocketbook Everlast are coated using a synthetic polyester blend. Care needs to be taken not to damage the coating on the pages. Below are some tips to follow:
- Use only water to erase the pages. The pages should not have contact with oils, solvents, or abrasives which could damage the coating. No wet wipes
- Use only FriXion pens or markers and scan and erase your notes frequently. Notes left longer than a couple of weeks may result in staining from the pens or markers, called ghosting
- The eraser on the FriXion pens should be used sparingly. The abrasion from erasing oftentimes damages the coating on the pages